Tuesday, December 2, 2008

AUP in Schools

One acceptable use policy I found was in Tampa Bay, Florida. This paticular AUP gave studens the right to use their cell phones before school and during lunch. This was the first time I had ever heard of students being allowed to actually use their cell phones at school, and even during lunch. I think that this is a great idea. Since we are now to the point where most of the students have a cell phone, educators an schools cannot ignore the issue, allowing students to use their cell phones at lunch will give them the time to talk and message friends. This is also a good time for them to be in contact with parents if they need to talk to them, or vice-versa. Below is the link to the article where a newspaper interviewed a high school principal.

http://awurl.com/mdK10MVFQ

No comments: