http://awurl.com/HMBTZFtCn
This cell phone policy comes from Monroe County School District. The policy seems pretty basic as far as cell phone policies go. I liked how they did allow phones on campus as long as they were turned off and put away. I felt that the specification that they could be in a purse or pocket is a good idea. Students are going to carry their phones whether it is against the rules or not. I think that schools should pick their battles and be more strict on phone use rather than the possesion of the device. As long as phone use does not interfere with the learning process in any way, I think cell phones can be a managable issue.
The wording of the policy gives teachers some authority on how phones are used in the class. Since students are able to have phones in their possesion (pocket or purse) if the teacher would like students to use phones for educational purposes that option is made more viable. This allows teachers to be more in control of how strict they would like to be on cell phone use in their classroom.
I also like the side note that says that the school is not responsible for lost or stolen phones. This is important considering that phones shouldn't be in use during school hours. There could potentially be many problems associated with bringing phones to school and this statement provides protection for the school and teacher as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment