Saturday, November 29, 2008

No taking pictures

http://awurl.com/2r2Am0LYl

At Pizitiz Middle School in Vestavia Hills, AL, the school board included a clause about the use of cell phones to take pictures. The school does not allow studnets to to use their cell phones to take pictures at anytime. I agree that this should be enforced because if not students would be taking pictures all the time. I think that it should be defined what "any time" is. Is it anytime the sutdent is on campus? Is the bus stop and trip to and from school included? Are they allowed to use them at school functions off campus? They do define the school day in the acceptable use policy when stating when cell phones cannot be used. It says that the school day begins as soon as a student arrives on campus, so are they allowed to use the cell phone on the bus? I think that this AUP needs more specifics, there is the opportunity for wiggle room.

No comments: