http://awurl.com/hMp4ZFiSC
This is the cell phone AUP for the Minnetonka ISD and I finally agree with one of these statements.
At this school district they will allow cell phone use before and after classes, and in common areas like in front of the lockers or in the cafeteria. I think this is a nice compromise for students because it gives them ample opportunity to get in touch with their parents in the case something comes up like an after school activity or a forgotten assignment.
This policy also has reasonable guidelines in possible. Students must keep their phones on silent during all instructional time, they may not leave class to answer their phones and phones can not be used in locker rooms or in test areas. I definitely agree with the locker room thing because that is where students might feel uncomfortable and if there is the threat of someone snapping pictures while people are changing clothes it could be nerve wracking, especially in middle school. The land of ever changing bodies.
This policy also makes note of using the camera or text functions of phones during testing. This is more common sense than anything. Students would be tempted to text answers or take pictures of testing forms.
I really agree with this policy because I feel that it is the best of both worlds. Students have the flexibility they need but still have the guidelines to make it run smoothly.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment