http://awurl.com/ji9W5DhXv
This article is all about different school districts policies that Fox news has reported on. They reported on cell phone use in schools because it has recently become such a major issue of debate in schools across the country. I think that I agree with most of the points in the article. Many of them discuss the negatives of having cell phones. When students' can't use the privilege they are given to use a cell phone at school appropriately, I think that they (as in the student disrespecting the use) should be stripped of that in which they abused. When you catch a student taking a picture of the test with their cell phone and sending it to another student who will take the test later is a prime example. This article discussed this situations occurance. The issue of picture taking in locker rooms was also discussed which I think is an extreme violation. However, these are a select few of the students' in a school that have the potential to ruin a priviledge for everyone, including the parents of the students. The parents like being able to reach their child when they feel necessary. I know that if I was a parent, I would like the feeling of being able to get in touch with my child in case of an emergency or a problem. Therefore, I think that the students should be given the privilege of having cell phones, but kept away, until the occurance of a nonacademic or nonemergency use happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment