http://awurl.com/tjkM7T9um
The site that I explored provided a thorough examination into both sides of the cellphone usage controversy within schools. It outlined reasons why cellphones are of an educational value and advantage within the classroom, yet it provided just as much reason as to why cellphones could be a hindrance to the learning environment. One instance that I found particularly helpful, was the fact that cellphones could be used as a means of transmitting notes to absent students or pictures can be taken of class notes so that students who are slower at copying notes in class can assess them later. That would be nice if this were all that students chose to record or take pictures of, but more likely than not I think that students are prone to use this technological device inappropriately as outlined also in this article. Students can use cellphones to record teachers in a misleading way and use this to post videos on YouTube or pictures on social networks. I have seen my fair share of teachers doing the "stank leg" in the classroom on YouTube. And although I am not condoning the behavior of such said teachers, I do not think that students should use cellphones to exploit others within the learning environment. If a teacher is doing something grossly inappropriate then they should be reported to the authorities but no one should be recorded without their knowledge or consent.
I feel that ultimately the use of cellphones within schools needs to be a clear agreement between the parents and the educators, and if cellphones are used in the classroom for educational purposes it will take close monitoring and participation from both parents and teachers to resolve the tug of war between whether phones are beneficial or harmful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment