http://awurl.com/wbvN2wp08
I think this is an awesome reason to allow cell phones to be carried at all times during the school day. In society today, so many things are going on ( Columbine, school lockdowns, etc) that I feel students should have access to their cell phones. I believe that if something occurred, a parent should be able to contact their child and find out the status of what is going on. For example, when I was in highschool, we were evacuated out of the building for a bomb threat. Parents were riding around trying to figure out what was going on, but because I had my cell phone, I was able to text my mom and let her know what was going on and that I was ok.
If an incident occurred where students were held hostage or on lock down, they could communicate to outside sources (parents) to have them relay messages to officials. I believe cell phones play a vital part in safety for parents to know what is going on with their children. College students that are away can constantly keep in contact with their parents as well by the usage of cells.
Cell phones should be allowed in schools, and I think instead of having them shut off, they should be on silent where the phone lights up instead of making noises. A student may need to know something right away or personal that the parents don't want to relay to the office in a message for the student. It is up to the students to be responsible with the cells and not misuse them in the school setting. ( taking pics of tests, etc)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment